Alexander Denisenko's
photographs of Lviv

St Elizabeth Church

jpeg fa
The church of St Elizabeth was built in 1905 on the
occasion of the visit to Lviv (Lemberg at that time)
of the Austrian Kaizer Franz Joseph.
It was named after the late Kaizer's wife, Elizabeth.

The church is built in pseudo-gothic style
and is now a practicing Greek-Catholic church.

jpeg ga
This shows the interior of the St Elizabeth church.

During the Soviet period the church was used as a
warehouse. It was recently restored to its original view.

To contact Alexander, who took the photographs,
send an email to:
or to:
phone: +380 322 986625
fax: (503) 217-8496

Photographs © Alexander Denisenko, 1998, 1999.