In the middle of the 17th century, St. Ann's Church was built on the spot where over a hundred so-called unlicensed craftsmen had been massacred by the police. The licensed craftsmen had actually reported the unlicensed ones to the police without expecting bloodshed, so, feeling sorry after the event, they had this church built.
This monument to Jan the third Sobieski used to be at Waly Hetmansky Street (now Liberty Avenue).
In 1945 it was moved to Gransk to the so-called re-taken lands of Poland.
To contact Alexander, who took the photographs,
|send an email to:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|phone:||+380 322 986625|